List of Blockchain Development Tools
Blockchain development is one of the fastest-growing industries. With the explosion of blockchain-based projects (DeFi, NFTs, DAOs), the demand for blockchain developers has skyrocketed. The following list of tools enables you to write smart contract code that serves as the application’s backend. Solidity Vyper Rust Frameworks Hardhat Embark Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) Remix IDE EthFiddle […]
Blockchain development is one of the fastest-growing industries. With the explosion of blockchain-based projects (DeFi, NFTs, DAOs), the demand for blockchain developers has skyrocketed. The following list of tools enables you to write smart contract code that serves as the application’s backend.
- The most widely used programming language for blockchain development is Solidity.
- Solidity is a high-level, object-oriented programming language that borrows elements from other languages, most notably C++.
- Solidity is Turing-complete, allowing you to build complex applications with a wide range of features.
- It helps for creating smart contracts
- The best alternative of Solidity to create smart contract is Vyper – a Python-based and EVM-compatible language
- It is ideal for developers who are familiar with Python
- The architecture reduces software errors and simplifies smart contract auditing.
- It’s used to creating smart contracts
- Known for its memory efficiency, simplicity, and reliability
- It also includes libraries that make building the frontend easier.
- It helps to focus more on building core infrastructure for the Dapp.
- Allows you to build both the frontend and backend of your dApp at the same time
- It provides resources for storing dApp data, testing real-time code, and deploying smart contracts
Integrated Development Environments (IDEs)
- It facilitates application development by combining essential developer tools into a single graphical user interface (GUI)
- It includes features such as code compiling, editing, syntax highlighting, build automation, and debugging.
- Example of IDE tools: NetBeans, Eclipse and IntelliJ IDEA.
- It provides an extensive set of libraries, plugins, and other features to accelerate smart contract development in Solidity
- It allows to compile, test, and debug smart contracts all from a single user interface
- EthFiddle is a browser-based integrated development environment (IDE) for writing and debugging Solidity code
- It helps to easily edit, find, and share code snippets with others for feedback using this software
- It provides excellent testing and prototyping capabilities, making it an excellent tool for any blockchain developer
- It is a Visual Studio Code plugin for developing Ethereum smart contracts
- Ethcode provides a user-friendly environment for writing, debugging, and unit testing contract code
APIs and SDKs
- An Application Programming Interface (API) is intended to make software interaction easier.
- It extends existing functionality by requesting data via an API to improve your dApp
- SDK “Software Development Kit,” refers to a collection of software products for developing applications for a specific platform
- Blockchain development SDKs make it easier to create platform-specific dApps
- It is beneficial for developing Web3 apps or incorporating Web3 features into existing applications
- Example: Connect Wallet feature can be added to the application without writing a code
- NFT marketplaces can be created
- NFT drops can be launched without writing code
- Tokens can be created for governance
Learning these tools will help you become a blockchain developer!